|The IV annual international conference was successfully carried out, having gathered about 140 participants from almost 30 countries.|
The key issues were covered by presentations of 18 high caliber speakers such as:
Mahesh Barve, ArcelorMittal (Istanbul); Kim Marti, CELSA; Ali Ekinci, Ekinciler; Michael Zhang, LuckyWorld Limited; Dr. Werner Kreuz, A.T. KEARNEY; Dr. Koray Gunay, COLAKOGLU; Dr. Hilal H. Al-Tuwairqi, Arab Iron & Steel Union; Mansour Yazdizadeh, Esfahan Steel Company; Luigi Cuzzolin, SIDERWEB; Mete Bulent Adali, EGE CELIK; Kirill Zhilyaev, Evraz Group; Georgi Slavov, ICAP SHIPPING; Levent Karacelik, MARVEL; Marc Thumecke, UniCredit etc.
- global economy outlook and prospects of steel market development
- prospects of finished steel consumption in Europe, Turkey, MENA, ASEAN
- risk management tools as a remedy for raw materials & steel products price volatility
- latest developments of global billet market: production volumes, price trends & new investments
- overview of world slab market: prices & trends, new projects implementation
- competitive strategy of major steel semis suppliers. Leading position of CIS exporters
- main tendencies of ferrous metals sea born trade
The summarizing panel discussion "Steel market 2011-2012: summary & outlook" was very lively and positive going. Panelists from producing and trading companies have expressed their opinions on the future of steel market and the strategies to be applied. The audience did not always totally share the up-beat points of view of manufacturers, traders and experts at the round table. Nevertheless, the event was over on the on an optimistic note and in good mood.
The culminating moment of the conference was a speech of Dr. Hilal H. Al-Tuwairqi, AISU President, during which he performed the papers in English and Arabic, named the VISION of the SECRETARIAT of the COUNCIL on the DEMANDS RECEIVED from the ARAB UNION FOR IRON & STEEL. In brief, it was about imposing 20% tariffs on imports from outside the Arab Countries, expansion of domestic capacities, and replacing the employment in iron and steel plants with 100% Arab labour force within 5 years.
If you want to buy conference documentation please contact:
Tel. +38 0562 794 33 94 (ext.205)